Training men to minister the Word of God to others is the subject of this book. It is written by seven active, ministry trainers who have trained hundreds of effective proclaimers of the Word who are serving in nations around the world. This book is about the major objectives in ministry training. It describes the desirable outcomes in the lives and ministries of every student of ministry. It intends to set benchmarks for preparing the next generation for ministering to the spiritual needs of a lost humanity and serving with a community of believers.
This book does not present itself as a handbook on ministry training as it desires to inspire ministry trainers to push toward higher horizons. The world and a growing Church needs a new generation of well trained, highly motivated, clearly focused servant leaders.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. Commitment to the Great Commission Truman Scott
2. Commitment to a Biblical Mandate Gerald Paden
3. Commitment to a Biblical Competency Ed Wharton
4. Commitment to a Biblical Wholeness Virgil Yocham
5. Commitment to a Biblical Maturity Charles Speer
6. Commitment to a Biblical Doctrine Gerald Paden
7. Commitment to Evangelistic Passion Rudy Wray
8. Commitment to Planting Churches Dwight Whitsett
9. Commitment to Building Healthy Churches Truman Scott
10. Commitment to Restoring Straying Brethren Anonymous