ALVIN JENNINGS first prepared the chapters in this book as lessons for a Wednesday evening class near his home in Fort Worth, TX. As founder and president of Star Bible Publications, he published Bibles and other literature for advancing the kingdom of God around the world beginning in 1963. In addition, the author has been preaching the good news through personal evangelism himself for well over forty years.
FROM THE AUTHOR:
Why Should I Be a Personal Worker?
By the term personal worker, we mean simply the Christian at work as an individual, telling others of the Christ, and instructing them in the Lord's terms of salvation. The personal worker is a teacher of individuals, instructing individuals personally instead of in groups. He is a Christian seeking to do what he can in leading those of his world to a knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Why?
1. The responsibility placed upon me by the Great Commission.
2. To be like Christ.
3. To express a holy impulse of the soul – a heart made right with God wants others to also be right with Him.
4. To be like the primitive church.
5. For self-preservation.
6. It is the greatest work one can do for another.
7. Because of the joy of a soul-winner.
8. It is God's desire to have all men saved.
You CAN become a fisher of men, a soul-winner for Jesus if you but will. The power is at your disposal; it is within you as Christ dwells in you, if you but let it find expression in and through your life. "Let's go fishing for men!"
1. WITHOUT HOLINESS NO MAN CAN SEE SOULS
2. SET AN EXAMPLE FOR THE BELIEVERS
3. WATCH YOUR DOCTRINE CLOSELY
4. FISHING FOR MEN
5. JESUS IS THE PERFECT EXAMPLE OF A SOUL-WINNER
6. WE ARE THE AROMA OF CHRIST --A STUDY IN RELATIONSHIPS
7. LEVELS OF RELATIONSHIPS IN MAKING DISCIPLES
8. METHODS OF PRESENTING THE GOSPEL
9. WAYS AND MEANS OF MAKING CONTACTS FOR TEACHING THE GOSPEL
10. WAYS AND MEANS OF MAKING CONTACTS FOR TEACHING THE GOSPEL, Part Two
11. THE VALUE OF REGULAR REPORTS
12. MOTIVATION: HOW CAN WE ENCOURAGE CHRISTIAN BEHAVIOR WITHOUT DESTROYING CHRISTIANITY?
13. WINNING SOULS THROUGH LITERATURE
14. TIMIDITY, A WEAPON OF SATAN
15. PREPARE FOR WAR!
Poems on Evangelism
A LIST OF SOME SCRIPTURES FREQUENTLY USED IN PERSONAL WORK
SONGS OF EVANGELISM
I WAS COUNTED WORTHY TO SUFFER
- Additional Information
SKU 3590 Subtitle "Come and I will make you Fishers of Men" Jesus Author/Speaker Alvin Jennings ISBN 978-1-938335-82-2 Translator No Language English Pages 219 Binding Paperback Publisher Sunset Institute Press Copyright 2014 Edition Third Printing 2012 Print Date 1990