Addiction in America has reached epidemic proportions:
* There are approximately 18 million alcoholics in America.
* Million more have some form of behavioral addiction.
* More than half a million Americans have died of drug overdoses from 2000 - 2015.
* Heroin and prescription drug overdoses have now surpassed car accidents as the number one cause of injury-related deaths in America.
* Over 100 Americans die every day from opioid overdose.
Called To Be Free is not just another book about addiction. Addiction is a multifaceted problem which must be addressed on multiple levels: biological, psychological, and spiritual. The vast majority of addicts are adult survivors of broken, dysfunctional, and abusive homes. The nature of unhealthy homes, the abuse they spawn, and the consequences of child abuse are discussed at length. Additionally, practical advice is provided on a wide variety of topics such as learning to forgive those who hurt you, dealing with the anger underlying the hurt and developing a sense of personal worth.