The Scriptures are inspired of God. This means that words were used which suited the Holy Spirit in the language of the original authors. This series looks at 12 New Testament Greek words and their English equivalents. Each word "has a story to tell" and can be very impacting on our understanding of our relationship to God and each other. This series was taught at the Sunset Church of Christ in 2010. Thirteen lessons each 25-30 minutes in length.
1. Introduction: Gods Chosen Words God worked through His inspired men to use the exact words He wanted to communicate His message to us.
2. Abba the word a child uses to address his loving father.
3. Adoption giving the place and privileges of a son to one to whom it does not naturally belong.
4. Freedom released from slavery or bondage and granted all the rights of free men.
5. Fellowship in a relationship of partnership and joint participation.
6. Redeemed released on receipt of a ransom or redemption price.
7. Charisma gifts from God because of His grace.
8. Joy the delight, gladness and pleasure coming from experiencing God grace.
9. Thankful the response to God for His grace experienced.
10. Intercede to petition the King on behalf of another.
11. Faithful always acting in a trustworthy and reliable way.
12. Patience longsuffering toward others; being merciful rather than vengeful.
13. Temple Gods holy sanctuary, describing both the church and the Christians physical body.
RICHARD CRAVY has been part of the faculty and staff of Sunset International Bible Institute in Lubbock, TX since 1996. With over 40 years of ministry experience serving churches in California, Florida, Nevada, and Texas, he now serves as a minister and an elder for the Tanglewood Church of Christ in Odessa, TX. Richard and Jeannette have three children and nine grandchildren.
Areas of emphasis in his ministry have been biblical hermeneutics, Christian evidences, early church history, and using technology in teaching.