What do Mormons teach about Jesus, the
Trinity, God, baptism for the dead, and how to be saved? The Latter-day
Saints often use Christian terms, but mean something completely
different. The 10 Questions & Answers on Mormonism bestselling
pamphlet will help you to compare Christian beliefs with Mormon beliefs.
glossy full-color pamphlet provides a clear summary of what Mormons
(Latter-day Saints) believe, their practices, and history. 10 Q &
As offers sound tips for interacting with Mormon friends, neighbors,
and co-workers, and much more.
Size: 8.5"x 5.5" unfolds to 33" long. Fits inside most Bible covers.
10 Questions & Answers on Mormonism is an excellent tool for
outreach and missions groups, or for anyone wanting to understand more
about this controversial religious group. This compelling Q & A
pamphlet examines 10 critical questions regarding the beliefs and
practices of Latter-day Saints (LDS) and responds with what the Bible
teaches about each:
- Did the Christian church really need to be restored?
- Was Joseph Smith a true prophet of God?
- What is Mormon scripture?
- Is the Bible trustworthy Scripture?
- Is the Book of Mormon an ancient document?
- Is the God of Mormonism the God of the Bible?
- Does Mormonism teach the truth about Jesus?
- Can we earn our salvation?
- Why do Mormons build temples?
- Does Mormonism teach polygamy?
10 Questions & Answers on Mormonism pamphlet provides answers to 10 of the most important questions regarding Mormonism.
Readers and students of other religions and cults will find answers to these and other claims Mormons make:
- After the death of the original apostles, the church slipped into the Great Apostasy.
- Joseph Smith, the churchs founder, is a modern prophet, seer, and revelator revealing divine truth.
claims four standard works or writings including the Bible, but also
the Book of Mormon, The Pearl of Great Price, and the Doctrines and
- All humans preexisted in heaven before becoming human.
- After he rose from the dead, Jesus went to the Americas.
- Sin that is not overcome robs the Mormon of any assurance of reaching the celestial kingdom.
- Mormonism believes that God is one among many gods stretching into eternity past.
This pamphlet explores the beliefs, practices and history of this
controversial group, including interesting ideas and prophecies by
founder Joseph Smith. Among many other ideas, many Mormons believe:
- The restoration of true Christianity began when God and Jesus appeared to Joseph Smith.
- Joseph Smith is second only to Jesus.
- The Book of Mormon is the most correct of any book on earth.
- God was a mortal who attained his exalted state by obedience to eternal laws and principles.
The 10 Questions & Answers on Mormonism includes a Glossary of
Mormon Terms. The glossary is extremely helpful to those who desire to
witness to Mormons. The glossary explains the following terms and many
- Baptism for the deadA temple ritual in which a Mormon proxy is baptized on behalf of a deceased person.
VisionAn event that Mormons claim took place in 1820 in which God and
Jesus appeared to Joseph Smith and told him all the churches were wrong
and that their creeds were an abomination.
- PriesthoodThe priesthood gives Mormon males the power and authority to act on behalf of God.
buildings reserved for ordinances for the dead, marriages for time and
eternity, and sealings of families for eternity.
The 10 Questions & Answers on Mormons offers a listing of
additional resources for learning more about Mormons/Latter-day Saints,
and additional insights and information that improve outreach to Mormon
co-workers and acquaintances. The following is a sampling of helpful
- Dont assume that a Mormon defines a word the same way you do.
- Do define your terms and have them define theirs.
concentrate on core issues such as what the Mormons believe about God
the Father, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and other key issues.