Sunset Institute Press
This product is for downloading or streaming from YouTube ONLY! If you wish to purchase the DVD version, click here.
Instructor: Ken Wilson
The Basics of Christian Counseling is a twelve-lesson course preparing church leaders and other Christians to understand and help others. While certain mental health needs of individuals require the care of a specialist or professional, many fundamental needs can be ministered to by loving, caring, trained Christians. This course is a step in that direction.
Dr. Ken Wilson has been a minister and licensed family counselor for over 30 years. He is a frequent speaker at counseling seminars and workshops on the family. Dr. Wilson is a minister at the Lakeview Church of Christ in Tacoma, Washington, and president of the Agape Counseling Center in Tacoma.
The Basics of Christian Counseling SIBI Studio Course contains 12 lessons. Listed below are the lessons included in the course.
1. The Power of the Mind
2. Competent to Counsel
3. The Truth about Self-Control
4. How to Deal with Anger Issues
5. How to Create a Positive Self-Worth
6. Communication & Counseling Techniques
7. The Basic Principles of Crisis Counseling
8. The Authority and Reliability of Scripture
9. The Design and Order of God's Creation
10. A Review of Popular Counseling Theories
11. The Counselor and Christian Ethics
12. The Counselor and the Holy Spirit
WATCH THE VIDEO OF LESSON ONE:
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE:
When your purchase is complete, you will receive an email containing a DOWNLOAD link. Click on it to be given access to:
1. 12 downloadable video lessons in MP4 format
2. A link to all 12 lessons on YouTube
3. A PDF copy of the study guide for this video series
4. A text file explaining COPYRIGHT and PERMISSIONS for use of these materials – PLEASE READ!