Part of the ASK Series: LOVER OF GOD'S LAW – A Study of Psalm 119
by Courtney Kendall Steed
An 8-lesson study book designed for both personal and small-group studies.
We often think of laws as a list of things we aren't supposed to do or aren't allowed to do. Breaking the law often results in serious consequences, so most of us are careful to follow the letter of the law for fear of reprisals, fines, or even jail time. God, on the other hand, has a set of laws for us to follow, but fear should never be a motivation for adhering to His laws. Through the beautiful words of Psalm 119, Courtney Kendall Steed shows us that we, like the author of the longest chapter in the Bible, can feel a connection and a commitment to its truths. We can be a lover of God's law.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. God's Law Is a Delight: Psalm 119:1-24
2. God's Law Is the Truth: Psalm 119:25-48
3. God's Law Is a Cause for Joy: Psalm 119:49-72
4. God's Law Is a Faithful Promise: Psalm 119:73-96
5. God's Law Is a Cause to Stand For: Psalm 119:97-120
6. God's Law Is a Reason for Lament: Psalm 119:121-144
7. God's Law Is Forever: Psalm 119:145-160
8. God's Law Is a Treasure: Psalm 119:161-176
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Courtney Kendall Steed is an author, speaker, and encourager of God's women. She is married to her college sweetheart whom she met at Harding University, where she graduated with a degree in Nursing. She loves studying God's law and learning with her three boys, whom she homeschools outside of Nashville, Tennessee